Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Kombucha, no not Sambuca, Kombucha

My friend, Nicole, who is my go-to gal for all things organic and alternative when it comes to what I put on and in my body, recently told me about Kombucha, which is, "a fermented drink made from sweet tea & Kombucha mushrooms. It claims to have many health benefits. During the 30 day process of fermenting the drink forms active enzymes, probiotics, amino acids, antioxidants and polyphenols."

If I haven't scared you off yet, and you aren't up for self-creating this potion yourself - I was recently at Lucia's Wine Bar, and a guy brought two bottles to the bartender and said these bottles are "for Lucia", so my nosy self asked what they were, and yep, Kombucha. I then introduced myself to the creator, Bryan Bertsch, and "Deane's Organic Kombucha" can be found at Traditional Foods. Bryan is focusing his marketing efforts on local restaurants, coffee shops as well as the local co-ops, direct selling and farmer's markets.


So have you had your Kombucha today? If not, sounds like Bryan will be spreading the Kombucha love around, so be sure to try this good-for-you drink at a local spot near you.

0 comments: