Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Things I love this Valentine's Day


I'm a sentimental, romantic mush. So Valentine's Day is a holiday I love. So cliche I know, which I don't love, but whaddya do...
Here's my list of lusts:
• Skyways - no other city has 'em like we have 'em, they are true angels this time of year aren't they?


• Monte Carlos wings - hands down the best in town. If you've never had them, go get your love-affair started...


• The city lakes - As I walk Lake Harriet, often I share the love with some guy ice fishing while listening to his transistor radio. Opposites really attract.

Hunt & Gather Antiques for their vast supply of vintage Valentines.


• Our bouquet of diverse talent. A day doesn't seem to pass that I don't meet a local with some sort of creative talent. From a stained-glass aficionado to a secret seamstress.
• The Valentine card that arrived today from my Mom and Dad. It was our first card with the words "daughter and her husband". What I love is knowing how happy it made my Mom to send and seal it with a kiss.
• Our lovely dining options that set the Cupid mood - Grand Cafe, Lucia's, Georgio, Crema Cafe, Heidi's, Cave' Vin. Limited on food, but unlimited on romance, Bev's Wine Bar.
• Those damn conversation hearts.

• MSP International airport. It's the launch pad to escapes and dreamy destinations. And it's the home base when I'm ready for the comforts of home.
• That I will once again be celebrating the day with my husband, the mushiest of the mushes...

So what do you love this Valentine's Day? Whatever it is, celebrate it.

0 comments: